Donations will be accepted from now until January 31, 2021,
and all donors will be acknowledged in our “Donor Roll”.
As part of our renewed commitment to fundraising, we are excited to announce our #WBASNYGives fundraising event to be held in the spirit of #GivingTuesday – a National day of giving – December 1, 2020. Donations will be accepted from now until January 31, 2021, and all donors will be acknowledged in our “Donor Roll”.
As part of this fundraising event, we are asking each member to make a donation as little as $5.00, in support of, and in solidarity with, WBASNY’s mission to:
“Promote the advancement of the status of women in society and of women in the legal profession; to promote the fair and equal administration of justice; and to act as a unified voice for its members with respect to issues of statewide, national and international significance to women generally and to women attorneys in particular.”
More than ever, the united amplification of women’s voices is needed to cause the change we want to see in the world, and to push for progress in our profession and in society. Lawyers are uniquely qualified to effectuate that change, as leaders in the court system, in the legislature, and in our communities. As the second largest bar association in the State, nearly 4,000 members strong, WBASNY, and we as its attorney members, has the numbers, the skillset, and the will to be the beacon illuminating the way. Your support keeps that light burning.
HERE’S HOW …
● #WBASNYGives direct access to effect legislation impacting women and children, and society as a whole, through lobbying efforts and our thoughtful responses to important issues.
● #WBASNYGives the support and camaraderie of a network of nearly 4,000 attorneys, mostly women, who are in the unique position of knowing or empathizing with the specific challenges faced by women in this demanding profession. Because of WBASNY, we know the names and faces of the women pioneers on whose shoulders we stand as we offer a hand to pull the next generation up. WBASNY means that no woman attorney across the State has to face her challenges alone.
● #WBASNYGives membership benefits such as free CLE opportunities, discounts on financial services and financial planning opportunities, strategic partners for insurance, discounts on office supplies and services, discounts on legal research providers, and discounts on travel planning. All simply by virtue of being a member.
● #WBASNYGives the opportunity to serve on over 40+ committees on the state-level to work on issues that each member feels particularly called to address with the collective strength of this organization and the expertise of its members supporting your passion.
● #WBASNYGives amicus briefs on cases of great significance to our members and mission, ensuring that our opinions and mission are heard and advanced through the court system.
● #WBASNYGives NOTHING without the STRENGTH and SUPPORT of its MEMBERS.
Your contribution to WBASNY helps us to continue this important work, and gives us the ability to do even more. Thank you for your support and your dedication to this mission.
The Women’s Bar Association of The State of New York (“WBASNY”) is a Not-for-Profit
organized under U.S. Internal Revenue Code § 501(c)(6)
Donations made to WBASNY are NOT tax-deductible or refundable
Carrie Anne Cavallo
Cavallo Law, PLLC
Hon. Susan Danoff
Simone M. Freeman
Martha Gifford, Esq.
Hon. Deborah Kaplan
Amy Baldwin Littman
Hon. Joanne Quinones
Schreier & Wachsman, LLP
Hon. Sandra Sciortino
Staten Island Women’s Bar Association